Bright by Text is a program that provides information on child development and local resources to parents and caregivers of children prenatal to age 8.
Available in English and Spanish, Bright by Text sends text messages right to your cell phone.
The texts include research-based content from Bright by Three and other trusted sources such as PBS Kids, Vroom and Sesame Street.
With the help of partners like you across Colorado, Bright by Text also connects families with valuable community services. These local community messages are targeted to users based on the zip code they provide.
Families can sign up by texting the word “GreatStart” to 274448,
or at www.brightbytext.org
• At sign up, families provide their child’s age (or expected due date) and zip code
• Users are asked whether they prefer to receive messages in English or Spanish
• Messages are delivered 2 to 4 times per week and are
tailored to the child’s age
• Community messages provide information about local
events and resources
• Messages include a link to a landing page with more
information, often including short videos
• Anyone who cares about children, from grandparents, to babysitters to teachers can sign up!